CHARLOTTE, NC, FLYRIGHT TRAINING CENTER, OCTOBER 11TH, 2019:
Rene Blanco-Lopez, a valued and excellent instructor at FlyRight, has just been awarded the prestigious Wright Brothers Master Pilot Award. Rene joins Gerry Gardner and John Oys, also esteemed recipients of the Wright Brothers Master Pilot Award and FlyRight instructors. The FAA presented this award to Rene Blanco-Lopez, as well as Gerry Gardner and John Oys, because they have exhibited professionalism, skill, and aviation expertise for at least 50 years while piloting aircraft as “Master Pilots”.
To be eligible for the Wright Brothers MPA, nominees must meet the following criteria:
- Hold a U.S. Civil Aviation Authority (CAA) or Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) pilot certificate.
- Have 50 or more years of civil and military flying experience.
- Up to 20 years of the required 50 years may be U.S. military experience.
- The effective start date for the 50 years is the date of the nominee’s first solo flight or military equivalent.
- The 50 years may be computed consecutively or non-consecutively.
- Be a U.S. citizen.
Please join FlyRight in congratulating Rene Blanco-Lopez on achieving this well deserved and distinguished award.
Pictured: Gerry Gardner (left) and John Oys (center) congratulating fellow Wright Brothers Master Pilot Award recipient, Rene Blanco-Lopez (right).